RENT OUR FACILITY?
FACILITY RENTAL POLICY
This policy prescribes the specific regulations under which River Oaks Community Church (ROCC) may make its facilities and equipment available for use by church members and non-church members. Any questions concerning the interpretation of this policy should be referred to the Facilities Director.
Helping people take their next steps with Jesus.
Church facilities are provided first and foremost for the use of regularly scheduled programming. When not in use for regularly scheduled programming, ROCC, at its sole discretion, may make certain facilities available for rental.
RENTALS UNRELATED TO FUNCTIONS
The facilities of ROCC will be made available for rental to groups that meet the following qualifications:
1. Groups whose general objectives are in harmony with the principles, objectives, and mission of ROCC and do not seek to exploit the ROCC name or constituency.
2. Groups that the church sponsors. Any group not known shall be asked to present a written statement of purpose, the reason for meeting, and name of its officers or leaders.
The Facilities Director shall decide whether any group qualifies for facility use under the policy and ROCC reserves the right to cancel any use agreement at any time without prior notice.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
1. Smoking, use of smokeless tobacco, alcohol, violent behavior, abusive language, and other forms of detrimental conduct are prohibited.
2. All groups using ROCC facilities must adhere to all ROCC policies, rules and standards of behavior.
3. Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, ROCC will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the pastors and staff of ROCC shall only have official roles in weddings and solemnizing marriages between one man and one woman. The facilities and property of ROCC shall only host weddings, or other ceremonies, between one man and one woman.
4. Any member of the group who participates in activities that are not permitted will be asked to leave the facility.
5. God is honored by all activities that take place on ROCC property.
REQUESTS AND RESERVATIONS
1. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2. All requests must be submitted on a building request form. The Facilities Director will consider each request and after consulting the church calendar will reply by email with an approval/denial. The approval process will take 1-2 weeks, depending on the individual request and facilities needs. ROCC ministry events will take precedence over any other requests.
3. Upon receiving both building request form and deposit (if required), your date will be reserved. The event schedule must accompany rental agreement.
4. Non-sponsored groups will be asked to provide the church with a certificate of liability and property damage insurance (minimum $1 million limit).
1. The facility staff of ROCC is responsible for setting up rooms for events. However, it is very important for you to communicate your desires concerning set-up when the room is reserved.
2. Unless specific authorization is obtained, church furniture, equipment, and anything on the walls should not be moved by anyone but the ROCC facilities team under the direction of the Facilities Director.
All AV equipment (audio visual, sound and lighting) must be operated by a trained technician assigned by ROCC. AV needs must be communicated at the time of reservation. (See the Production Policy)
RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE
Damage to the facility, or church property is the responsibility of the group using the facility.
LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY
ROCC assumes no responsibility for items of value brought to the facility.
USE OF ROCC NAME
1. Use of the church facility does not imply endorsement or sponsorship of the event in any way by ROCC.
2. Use of the ROCC name or logo in any form of publicity is prohibited.
RENTAL FEES & REGULATIONS
It is not the intention of the church to generate revenue. The fees only serve to help defray incurred costs such as utilities use, cleaning fees, labor and other incidental costs.
Room cost will not be added for the following (other fees may apply):
The rental group is required to leave the facility in the condition it was found. Failure to do so may result in additional fees and the cancellation of future use privileges.
1. Decorations for any event must be approved prior to use of the facility.
2. All furniture, equipment, and decorations brought into the facility must be removed immediately following the event. ROCC has no storage space to hold any items prior to or after an event.
DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION
A 15% deposit of the estimated fees is required to make a facility reservation. This deposit becomes non-refundable within 30 days of the event should the need for cancellation arise.
SUSPENSION OF USE PRIVILEGES
1. Violation of any part of this policy may result in immediate suspension of use privileges and the loss of fees paid.
2. ROCC may suspend privileges of any group in the event that future use conflicts with the interest of ROCC.
There are risks connected with activities. ROCC is not responsible for injury from someone participating in non-church related activities. This includes suits and demands whatsoever in law or in equity. Groups must provide a certificate of insurance acceptable to ROCC. All participants must agree to indemnify ROCC and hold it harmless from any and all losses, claims, suits and damages of any kind, including but not limited to costs, fees, and expenses related to defense of any claim or suit asserted or brought against ROCC by any person or entity arising from or related to the organization / groups use of ROCC facilities.Facility Usage Request Application